1. READ THE TEXT
Franklin Delano Roosevelt is still very popular in the USA. Roosevelt was the greatest politician of his time.
He was born in Hyde Park, New York, on January 30, 1882. He was the only son of James and Sara Delano Roosevelt. His mother was his first teacher. Young Franklin studied at Harvard and Columbia. He wasn’t going to be a politician, but one day he agreed to try that path and he never left it.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt became President of the USA in 1932, when the country was in crisis. The nation believed him and believed in his New Deal. The people didn’t mind that he was seriously ill and couldn’t walk. They understood that Roosevelt was the person whose New Deal could support the country. In 1940 Americans elected Roosevelt for the third term. In four years he was elected President for the fourth term.
Roosevelt was the really the leader of the nation during World War II. His wife was also very popular in the USA and around the World. She was involved in many charities. When Roosevelt died on April 10, 1945 the whole world was very sorry. Americans remember Franklin Delano Roosevelt as a person who served his country best.
CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER
1. A) Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the second son of his family.
B)Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the only son of his family.
2. A) He was going to be a great politician.
He wasn’t going to be a great politician.
3. A) Roosevelt was the person whose New Deal could help the country.
Roosevelt was the person whose New Deal couldn’t support the country.
4. A) Franklin Delano Roosevelt was seriously ill.
) Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a very healthy person.
5. A) Roosevelt was elected President only in 1932 and 1936.
Roosevelt was elected President four times.
2. USE OF ENGLISH
1) She … tennis two days ago.
A) Plays playing C) played
2) His brothers often … the paths.
A) Swept sweep C) sweeps
3) … we … a letter next week?
A) Do …write Will … wrote C) Will … write
4) Apples … in autumn by people.
A) Is gathered are gathered C) gather
5) John … just … an ice-cream.
A) Is … eaten has … eaten C) have … eaten
6) Valentina Tereshkova is a selfless …
A) Astronaut cosmonaut C) nurse
7) Florence Nightingale was a …
A) Good-looking model well-mannered ballet dancer C) brave nurse
8) Her granny is a person… cooks tasty pies.
A) Which who C) whom
9) I am … in chess because this game is very … .
A) interested, interesting interesting, interested
10) He … going to travel abroad soon.
A) Am is C) are
2. Грамматика и лексика
Итоговая контрольная работа по английскому языку. 7 класс. Ответы.
1. READ THE TEXT